RECOMMENDED READINESS CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL PARTICIPATION IN GWC CREDIT CLASSES
Discuss this list with your family, teachers, and counselors.
1. Potential to benefit from instruction in a group setting.
2. Ability to do work independently with minimal cues and assistance.
3. Adequate attention span to follow directions and benefit from 1 ½ hours of continuous instruction in a setting with distractions.
4. Sufficient reading and language comprehension skills to benefit from the education program.
5. Ability to perform meaningful classroom activities, using some form of both receptive and expressive language.
6. Behavior and emotional responses which are appropriate to the situation.
7. Sufficient independent living skills to allow independent on-campus function, unless routinely accompanied by a personal assistant to perform necessary activities of daily living.
NOTE: Repeated absences, misuse of services, lack of measurable progress toward goals identified in the Student Educational Contract, and/or inappropriate behavior as identified in the GWC Student Code of Conduct may result in suspension of services.
Source: City College of San Francisco DSPS