Golden West College maintains a Public Safety Department with personnel available 24 hours a day. A person may report any criminal action or emergency at any time – day or night – by calling (714) 895-8924 or for emergencies (714) 895-8999 or 911. Campus “red phones” located throughout the interior of the campus may also be used to contact the Public Safety Department. The Public Safety Department is located at the west end of the campus at the entrance of the Golden West Street parking lot. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
Article IV Section Regulation
- 401 No parking is allowed in any area that does not clearly have marked stalls.
- 402 Vehicles parking within a stall shall not overlap the lines that designate the stall.
- 403 No persons shall park or leave standing on the campus interior a vehicle on any roadway, landscaped area, driveway, road or field without prior approval from the Public Safety Department.
- 404 Bicycles must be parked in designated bicycle parking areas.
- 405 No vehicle shall be backed into diagonal parking stalls.
- 406 No person shall park or leave standing a motor vehicle blocking traffic lanes on any campus roadway or parking lot.
- 407 No person shall park or leave standing any vehicle in any area where the curb is painted RED and/or is marked “No Parking”.
- 408 When signs or markings prohibiting and/or limiting parking are erected or placed upon any street, road, or area, no person shall park or leave standing any vehicle upon such street, road, or area in violation of any such sign or marking.
- 409 No person shall park in any area marked in blue and identified as “Handicapped Parking” unless a valid handicapped placard/license plate/permit is properly displayed on or within the vehicle.
- 410 Except as otherwise noted in these regulations, no person shall park in an area posted or marked “STAFF” unless a valid annual, semester, or temporary STAFF parking permit is properly displayed on or within the vehicle.
- 411 No person shall park any vehicle in any manner or fashion so as to create a traffic hazard.
- 412 No person shall park on campus without a valid parking permit that is properly displayed either on the left rear bumper or hung from the rear view mirror.
- 413 Failure to activate coin operated meter or obtain and appropriately display timestamped hourly parking permit.
- 414 No vehicle will remain parked overnight without approval from the Public Safety Department, and no person will sleep in or remain overnight in any vehicle parked on campus.
Complete copies of the Parking Rules and Regulations can be obtained from the Public Safety Department.
From time to time class assignments or other class activities may take place off campus. When District transportation is provided, students are required to use it. When the location is in southern California, the class or activity may be convened and dismissed at the site. When this occurs, students will be responsible for their own transportation.
Students may be required to sign a field trip or student release form.
In regard to class trips, the student is encouraged to contact the instructor of the course to determine the likely dates, locations, and frequency of such off-campus requirements.