Campus Safety Officer Course
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
SLOs are the skills, abilities and knowledge a student will develop from the course.
The successful student will:
- Assess laws and liability issues affecting K-12 schools and colleges
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the campus safety officer
- Demonstrate effective techniques in mediation and conflict resolution
- Gain awareness of and appropriate response to disasters, emergencies and crisis incidents as they relate to campus operations
- Recognize the dynamics of adolescents and student behavior
These topics will equip course participants with essential tools for success as a member of a school safety team. An emphasis will be on building positive working relationships with school administrators, teachers, school professional support staff, parents and families, local community resources, and various police resources.