Standing Committees, Advisory Committees and other Committees
The Academic Senate has two standing subcommittees:
The Senate delegates CCI the responsibility to review proposed courses, course revisions, programs, certificates and degrees. The recommendations of this body are sent through the Senate to the Board of Trustees for implementation.
The Senate delegates to the Institute for Professional Development the following responsibilities:
- Recommend faculty requests for sabbatical leaves to the president and Board of Trustees,
- Review and recommend faculty requests for salary advancement, alternative methods projects, academic rank, and emeritus status
- Allocate travel/conference funds provided by the contract
- Inform faculty of professional development opportunities, funding and deadlines
- Coordinate campus and department workshops/retreats with Staff Development
The Academic Senate has advisory committees and other committees:
Distance Learning Committee
The Senate delegates to the Distance Learning Advisory Committee the responsibility to facilitate campus‐wide discussions of issues impacting distance education including the areas of classes, student services, and technology. The committee also provides support for program effectiveness through the development of campus guidelines for online distance education.