Mental Health Services
The Student Health Center offers free confidential counseling services to GWC students. If you have any of these concerns or would like general professional assistance, please come in or call 714-895-8379 for an appointment.
With regard to mental health, the mission of the Student Health Center is to reduce mental health symptoms in order to improve school success in our students.
- We use brief models of therapy (1-8 sessions) designed to achieve short-term goals.
- Interventions may include Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive-Behavioral approaches, psycho-education, and community referrals.
- Therapists at the Student Health Center are only available during the fall and spring academic year, and have limited hours. Therefore, students who require more intensive treatments, including 24-hour availability of providers and longer term therapy approaches, will be evaluated and referred to appropriate community providers.
- Students who do not presently have symptoms, but are interested in careers in psychology, should be referred to academic counselors. The Student Health Center has very limited resources and often has a waiting list. Therefore, use of treatment hours for academic counseling limits our ability to help students who are in need of psychotherapy.
Kognito - Increase Awareness of Mental Health Issues and Resources
The Student Health Center offers counseling for students who are dealing with:
- Family and social relationships
- Romantic relationships
- Life transitions
- Loss of motivation
- Substance abuse
- Eating disorders
- Referrals for social services
- Anger management
What We Offer
· Individual Counseling
· Crisis intervention
· Referral services
· Physician evaluation for medication
Wellness & Self-Improvement Services
Our therapists offer a variety of therapy experiences designed to enhance personal growth and well-being. Learn how to:
- Make life more fulfilling
- Manage stress
- Increase coping skills
- Achieve one’s life goals
- Have more meaningful relationships
- Maximize your career potential
- Improve decision-making skills
- Improve time-management skills
Please come in or call the Student Health Center at 714-895-8379 for an appointment.