General Information & Qualifications for TAG
Seven University of California (UC) campuses offer guaranteed transfer admission to students from all California Community Colleges (CCC). Interested students must meet campus-specific requirements to qualify for a UC TAG. By participating in a TAG program, you can ensure your admission to a specific UC campus, some of which offer an early review of your academic record, early admission notification, and specific guidance on major preparation and general education coursework. A list of qualifications and special notes for each campus are provided below.
To pursue a TAG, you must:
- Complete the online UC TAG application and submit it during the appropriate filing period. (see uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu).
- Once your TAG is submitted, fulfill all remaining coursework and GPA requirements designated in your TAG agreement.
- Apply for admission to UC during the appropriate filing period (see www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply).
- Students are strongly encouraged to consult with their community college counselor prior to completing/submitting the TAG application.
- Please note: Transfer students do not have to participate in TAG to be considered for admission. Non-TAG students must also apply for UC admission during the appropriate application filing period (see www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply).