Veterans Services at Golden West College
Veterans Services


Getting Started

Admissions Checklist
- Military Records Needed

Education Benefits

- VA Benefit Chapters




Student Veteran Org.

Veterans Resource Center

Adele Dick, Veterans Certifying Official

Enrollment Center
Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and
Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.

join Our Email List

The Western Sun - The Newspaper of Golden West College

Associate Degree for Transfer
Associate Degree for Transfer

Salary Surfer
Salary Surfer

Search jobs posted at our school!

Free Newsletter - Student Health 101

Veterans Services

Education Benefits

Veterans Administration Requirements for Receiving Veterans Education Benefits

  1. In order to claim benefits, a veteran or eligible person must have, as an educational objective, “an (a) Associate in Arts Degree, (b) Baccalaureate Degree, or
    (c) Certificate Program.” If, after consulting the college catalog or the schedule of
    classes a person wishing to file for veterans benefits is still unsure of his/her goals or major, arrangements should be made for a counseling appointment.

  2. In order to insure continuity of benefits, satisfactory progress must be made toward
    the stated major.

  3. Attendance in enrolled classes is expected at all times.

  4. After each registration, the person receiving veterans benefits must notify the Veterans Clerk of any program changes, i.e., complete withdrawal from college, adjustment of units, courses added and dropped, etc.

  5. Those with 24 or more units of college work completed and who wish to apply for
    benefits must have program approval. Contact the Veterans Clerk for proper procedure.

  6. Veterans with fewer than 24 units must submit transcripts for all previous college
    work to Golden West College within four weeks after the semester begins.
    Unit Load to Qualify for GI Bill:
      • Full-time 12 Units
      • 3/4 time 9-11 Units
      • 1/2 time 6-8 Units

CAL-VET: Students who qualify for CAL-VET benefits should contact the Veterans
Service Clerk.