Drop, Cover and Hold-on for the Great California ShakeOut
On Thursday, October 17 at 7:30 p.m. Golden West College will be participating in the Great California ShakeOut by having an EVENING Drill.
At 7:30 p.m. the GWCAlert system will send out a message via phone, text and email.
ALL staff and students on campus Thursday evening are expected to evacuate ALL buildings except the Theater and Pool Area. The drill will last no more than 20 minutes.
Start the exercise by:
1. Drop, Cover and Hold-on in place for all students, faculty and staff
Practice this exercise in whatever location you are in
View this YouTube link to learn how to Drop Cover & Hold On in various locations. A special thanks to my colleague
Sue Fisher, CSUF Emergency Manager, for sharing her training video with us:
2. Exit to your Emergency Evacuation Assembly Area
Maps are located in each classroom and building
3. Report to the designed staff member of that area that your class/building has evacuated
4. Staff member from each evacuation assembly area will send a runner to Incident Command Post (ICP) in front of Forum I
5. After all areas have reported in the faculty, staff and students will be dismissed back to their classrooms, and GWC business will proceed as normal for the rest of the evening
NOTE: To make sure you will receive the GWCAlert, please check your personal information on MyGWC. Follow the attached instructions for easy reference.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Valerie Venegas, Office of Emergency Preparedness at firstname.lastname@example.org