New Student Admissions Process
- STEP 1
- STEP 2
- STEP 3
- STEP 4
- STEP 5
STEP 1 - APPLY FOR ADMISSION
You will receive your registration information via email
- Student ID Number
- MyGWC login information (username, password, email account, and instructions)
NOTE: If you do not receive your registration information within 14 days after applying for admission, please contact the Enrollment Center: (714) 895-8306.
STEP 2 - ORIENTATION
Prior to taking your assessment test, new students are expected to complete an online orientation. Please login to your MyGWC account and follow the link under the STUDENT tab to the Golden West College Online Orientation (use your MyGWC username and password to login to the orientation).
The Orientation is designed to acquaint the student with the many programs and support services available at the college and to assist the student in selecting his/her first semester courses. Additional information regarding the Online Orientation is available in the Counseling Office. 714-895-8799 ext 1
STEP 3 - ASSESSMENT
Assessment involves taking placement tests in English, reading and mathematics. It is NOT a "pass or fail" test. It is a measure of your English and math skills to help you pick the right courses for you.
Assessment is recommended for all students and REQUIRED for new students prior to course registration. It may also be used to meet prerequisites for certain courses.(see exemptions)
Placement tests are made by appointment in the Assessment Center.
Develop your Student Educational Plan
- Attend a SEP DegreeWorks Workshop. Appointments are required. Call 714-895-8119, or stop by the Counseling Center to sign up.
- Register for any of the following Counseling classes in the upcoming semester:
COUN G103, COUN G110, COUN G111
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor. Appointments are scheduled one week in advance. Call (714) 895-8119 to schedule an appointment.
- Attend express counseling hours for an abbreviated SEP. This resource is most appropriate for individuals who have applied to GWC but are not currently enrolled students. Call (714) 895-8119 for availability.
STEP 5 - REGISTRATION
Register for classes ON or AFTER your registration appointment date and time. Please read: Things to know before you register.
Students who are too late for priority online registration may register in person in the Enrollment Center the week before classes begin.
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for important registration dates.
Purchase Parking Permits Online
Obtain Student Identification Card
Buy Books GWC Bookstore
Apply for Financial Aid
Make a Counseling appointment to lock in your SEP